A Memorable Easter Meal – HOME STYLE WOK FRIED DUCK WITH GARLIC IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE By Chef Anirudh Deshpande, Executive Chef at The Westin Goa
Serving for 2
- Pat the duck breasts dry with paper towels then score the skin/fat-side with a sharp knife. Take care not to cut through the meat.
- Season generously with salt.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the breasts, skin-side down, and cook for 6-7 minutes until the skin is deep golden brown and the fat has rendered out.
- Flip the duck over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until done to your preference.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour off the duck fat, leaving a few teaspoons in the pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillies to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the stock, soy sauce, honey and lime juic